I'm in love with al pastor tacos; there's nothing like tacos; usually, this dish is related to having on weekends because you need to go to a taqueria to have them, but what if you want them in the middle of the week? Well, I have an easy yet lighter version of them in mind.
The trick of this dish is to let it marinate the fish as much as you can, so if you can leave the fish marinating one night in advance, it would be nice, but if you can't, one hour will be enough. Enjoy them with a habanero sauce and cilantro and onion.
- 2 Fish fillets
- 1 Orange (Squeeze it, we only need the juice)
- 2 tablespoons Annatto / Achiote
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Pineapple
- ⅛ Onion (diced)
- Habanero (slices)
- 3 Limes (Squeeze them, we only need the juice)
1. In a blender, mix orange juice, annatto, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper, until you get a paste.
2. In a bowl, add the fish, toss the mixture from the blender, and mix it up nicely. Let it sit for at least 1 hour. (If you can prepare it one night in advance, it will boost the flavor).
3. In a hot pan, add a little oil, incorporate the marinated fish, and stir until it is fully cooked.
4. Make tacos ideally with corn tortillas, and enjoy!